15 February 2010

The Best Time is NOW

“The past is behind, learn from it.
The future is ahead, prepare for it.
The present is here, live it.”
~Thomas S Monson


So many great comments about the question...

If you were to live in any period of time, what would it be and why?


From Ireland in 500 A.D. to 1920s flappers to 13th century France and ancient Egypt, there was a huge variety in the answers. One of my favorites was reliving your college years...at least 4 more times! There were even those of you who would choose to fast forward yourself into the future to get a glimpse of what might be in store. But the majority of responses were that they would not want to live anyplace but NOW. All those time periods mentioned, from pre-Civil War to medieval times to Paris in the late 19th century to the 1960s/1970s seemed to be prefaced with the fact that being a woman in any of those other times were certainly more of a challenge than it is today. Things definitely look up for us in the here and now, and hopefully things will only get better for the women of the future.

I thank you for playing along and for giving me something more to think about.







But without futher ado, the winner of the 'Aberdeen Ferns' bracelet is comment #16 {I did Random Number generator but I am having trouble getting it to show you...you will just have to take my word for it!}....................

Be-Jeweled by Jana!

Jana had this to say about her chosen time period:
"I would like to have lived in "Gone with the Wind" BEFORE the war!
The beautiful homes and gorgeous gowns...They seemed so carefree before the war.
Of course, it was a movie, not real life!"


Be sure to stop by her blog where she showcases her beautiful wire crochet jewelry.

Jana, send me an email to enjoytheday{at}tesoritrovati{dot}com with your mailing address and I will send your new bracelet right out.

Just a reminder that there is still time to enter the February Inspired by...The Solar System challenge, deadline February 28th. You can read more about it here.




Check It Out::The Smithsonian (a video tour with funnyman Ben Stiller and one of the greatest repositories of "things that matter" in the world!)


Enjoy the day!

10 comments:

Aidan Donnelley Rowley @ Ivy League Insecurities said...

I love this question you asked. More so, I love that so many people would choose Now. I think I would too, but that doesn't mean it is always easy to revel in the present moment and appreciate its compelling contours. I might have to pose a similar question on ILI! Thank YOU for the inspiration :)

mairedodd said...

congratulations jana! you lucky, lucky woman!!

Judy said...

Oh, bummer I soooo wanted that bracelet! Congrats to you Jana!

Jenners said...

I think too much so I never want to live too far in the past without air conditioning or being able to get my glasses fixed if I needed them.

Lance said...

A big congratulations to Jana!! Woohoo!

And that we are nearing more and more of a culture where everyone is treated more fairly is such a good thing to see. And I know that this isn't everywhere, and across the board. but it is still good to see the progress that is being made. Erin, that question is really an interesting one. I think the future would be a hard place for me to want to visit...what if I find out something "bad" about me? Or someone I love? That would be so difficult. NOW is a pretty great place to be....and because of that NOW...I know YOU...and that is so, so great. Erin, you are a sweet and caring soul...

lisa oram said...

Yikes - I just realized I blogged the wrong details about this giveaway. Hope it didn't cause any confusion. Congrats to Jana - enjoy your bracelet! And I'm sure the sweet heart necklaces were a great addition to someone's V-Day gift.

Heather Powers said...

It was fun to ready everyone's responses! Thanks for providing such a thought-provoking blog. :)

Cindy said...

Congrats to Jana...happy to see such a sweet person win your beautiful bracelet!

Be~Jeweled by Jana said...

Woo Hoo! I just read this! I'm SO excited to have won this beautiful bracelet! Thanks, Erin, and Thanks, Everyone, for the Congrats. I am a lucky woman!

Riki Schumacher said...

Yeah Jana, way to go! That would have been an interesting time to live I agree. Riki

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin